- makes joining the hybrid meeting a one-click experience on Windows and Mac
- provides ultra-intuitive installation & registration options for installers and IT admin
- expands the number of USB cameras supported, making ClickShare the most universally compatible wireless conferencing solution
1. Walk in, connect and start your meeting, the easiest user experience for hybrid meetings
- Thanks to calendar integration, you can instantly check on the meeting room display if the meeting room is available or already booked.
- The ClickShare PresentSense functionality makes sure you seamlessly connect to the room’s ClickShare Base Unit. With PresentSense activated, the ClickShare Desktop App will detect the ClickShare Base Unit in the room as soon as you walk in. You no longer need to search through a list of nearby meeting rooms. With just one click, you are connected to the room and you can start sharing or conferencing right away. PresentSense is now available on macOS and Windows, as well as in the Android and iOS ClickShare Apps.
- Simply join your next Microsoft Teams call by clicking the ‘Join’ button in the ClickShare App, and wirelessly use the camera and speakers in the room. No cables needed! And by the way, we offer this one-click join also for Zoom, Webex and other major video conferencing platforms.
- Wireless conferencing via the Desktop App is available for all ClickShare Conference devices, so whether your workplace has standardized on the plug-and-play option of the ClickShare Button (also for your guests) or the power of workflow optimization with the ClickShare Desktop App (pushed as MSI to all employee laptops), you can enjoy the seamless experience of wireless conferencing.
2. Improved, optional setup & registration flow for installers and IT admin
- Install and configure your new ClickShare device and start to use it, without the need for internet connection. So, ideal for meeting rooms in build-up or high security network environments. A new configuration wizard guides you through the setup. You will be able to do the setup at the moment of installation or you will be reminded to do so lateron.
- Choose your preferred firmware version during installation: either update automatically to the latest software or upload your preferred version.
- Immediately personalize your Base Unit for the best meeting user experience and register the unit on XMS Cloud to receive 5 years of coverage in your SmartCare package.
- This new and improved registration flow is from now on available on newly produced devices which will become available in the market in the coming months. For devices currently ‘on the shelf’ that require installation without internet connectivity, you can install this firmware via a USB stick to benefit from this new and improved registration flow.
More experience updates?
- Improved camera fluency
An improved conferencing experience with smooth video up to 30fps. The dynamic camera quality remains to ensure a great viewing experience also in challenging environments.
- Review camera settings
Verify the actual quality, resolution and framerate of the camera stream across the full system on the peripheral page of the ClickShare Configurator. As installer or IT admin, you can check the setup of the system and troubleshoot in case issues are reported.
- Support for additional peripherals
With every release, we aim to support more and more conference peripherals and improve the overall quality of the system. This release brings support for Logitech Rallybar, AVer CAM520 Pro2, AVer VB130, AVer VC520 Pro2 and the Yamaha Adecia.
When using the ClickShare App with this latest firmware, ensure you have the latest version (4.17) installed. You can check your version in the “About” section of the App menu.
How to get this update on your units?
The ClickShare platform consists of different components: Base Units, Buttons, Apps and the XMS remote management platform. Enjoying the latest experience requires each of these components to run the latest software versions. And updating is an easy, seamless and automated experience.
- The Base Unit firmware can be installed via the auto-update functionality or it can be manually updated via the ClickShare Configurator. Buttons update automatically over Wi-Fi.
- For the ClickShare Desktop App, it’s recommended to download and install the latest version manually to ensure the App automatically updates to future releases. Once installed, an auto-update function will keep the App up to date. Do you want to enable wireless conferencing via the App? Be sure to download the MSI installer.
- The iOS and Android App are updated according to your mobile device settings.
- The XMS Cloud update runs automatically while XMS (Virtual) Edge can be updated manually.
Need a hand with the update?
Download the latest version of the app on www.clickshare.app.
Let us guide you through the Base Unit software update.
This Article was first published by Barco.